Plan a Delightful Gender Reveal party for Your Bestie with these 5 Tips
- 0 Comments
If you spend any time on social media, then you have probably noticed that gender reveal parties have become quite a big deal. It seems everyone is having one these days, and if your best friend becomes pregnant, it might be up to you to throw one.
Gender reveal party planning has a few similarities with a regular baby shower, but there are a few extras that you need to prepare for. There’s no need to get stressed out, however, because we’ve got the tips you need to make sure that you throw a delightful party for your bestie.
5 Party Tips for a Gender Reveal Party
- Pick a theme. Before you can get into the nitty-gritty of the gender reveal party planning details, you need to know what form your party will take. Here are a few popular themes that make for a fun day: Bows or Bowties, Pirates or Mermaids, Quarterback or Cheerleader, and Mustaches or Lipsticks. Remember to choose a theme that matches the personality of the parents!
- Plan your decorations. Once you have chosen a theme, you can pick the decorations. The obvious colors are blue and pink, of course, but you can easily match colors to your theme. For instance, Pirates or Mermaids could be red and purple, or Mustache and Lipstick could be brown and hot pink. Try to make everything cohesive from the invitations, to the venue decor, to the cake or cupcakes.
- Prepare a few games. What kind of party tips for a gender reveal party wouldn’t mention games?!? There are plenty of fun games that you can prepare to play with your guests. Many people like to guess the sex of the baby, you can choose a fun way for people to vote. You can also turn your gender reveal into a costume party by asking people to dress according to the theme and offer prizes for the best outfit. Another fun game is to have all of your guests try to find an old wives’ tale that predicts the sex of the baby (carrying high for a girl/low for a boy), and then see which ones are correct after the big reveal. Be creative with your games to keep the party more entertaining.
- Pack a few party favors. Create a few goodie bags for the guests to take home after the festivities have ended. Cookies or cupcakes always go over well. Little bags of popcorn are another winner. If you want to go one step further, you can give out personalized mugs or t-shirts.
- Provide the big moment. The gender reveal party planning really comes down to the big moment: the reveal. You need to plan a fun way that matches the theme of your party. Reveals that are popular are the balloon pop which involves filling dark colored ballons with pink or blue (or your color scheme) confetti. Another is the cake with the interior filling revealing the sex. Again, you want to choose a big moment that matches the personality of your bestie!
Need More Party Tips for a Gender Reveal?
Gender Reveal Surprise can help you make your bestie’s party delightful! We are a family-owned business that is in the business of making your gender reveal party dreams come true. We can help with the planning and provide some of the supplies to get your party off without a hitch.